Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
This position provides specialized Information Technology support on the Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC) for all NASA human science research projects and laboratories paving the way for human exploration of the moon and Mars. This position provides IT information Systems Security support for Medical and Mission Information Systems (MMIS) in the Human Health and Performance Directorate (HHPD) at the NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC). Tasks will include focusing on improving the MMIS systems IT security posture, continuous monitoring of system IT security health, and troubleshooting IT security issues that arise. This individual is accountable for Linux, Windows and application systems mitigation and continuous monitoring for IT Security compliance in accordance with current regulations.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- Responsible for IT Security compliance for Linux and Windows servers/workstations and software.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of security patches on production, integration and development systems
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all PII data to which access has been granted
- Responsible for adherence to NASA IT Security Policies
- Responsible for adhering to defined systems management and project management practices
- Responsible for assisting in the evaluation of new products, systems improvements, and upgrades
- Maintains and grow technical expertise in all areas of IT Security, networks, systems, and software
- Develops and monitors systems group policies as required to mitigate IT security vulnerabilities
- Reports to the Customer Service & Engagement Team Lead for day-to-day functional activities
- Focus on continuous improvement with an emphasis on customer service
- Provide weekly status reports of work activities to the Customer Support & Engagement Team Lead and IOS Discipline Lead
- Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards
- Perform additional duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
A Bachelor's degree in a related Information Technology discipline plus 10 years of experience in the information technology field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows XP, or Windows 10)
- Knowledge of Linux (RedHat or Ubuntu)
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of current IT Security vulerability, mitigation and reporting processes
- Industry Standard Certifications; Linux, Microsoft, Windows 10 and/or IT Security and/or previous NASA experience
- Knowledge of VPN solutions, Encryption software, vulnerability scanning, anti-virus software, with Splunk and Nessus Vulnerability Identification Tools.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac (MacOS 10.X) systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and networking configurations
- Knowledge of the IBM BigFix systems-management software
This position require successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.