Leidos is hiring a CAD Modeling Engineer knowledgeable in foreign spacecraft systems to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, as an integral member of a government-contractor team. The successful candidate will construct highly detailed 3-D geometric computer-aided design (CAD) models of multiple foreign spacecraft on Team Leader-assigned systems; to include static and dynamic characteristics (e.g., external configuration, layout and location of internal subsystems, antenna and solar panel motion, construction techniques, and materials descriptions). CAD models shall be completed in industry standard portable formats, ensuring that products conform to existing standards, as required by the Government.
This position will require working as part of a team comprised of military, government, and other contractors to achieve high confidence answers to problems of interest. The qualified candidate must also be able to work independently and have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
All work is onsite; an active TS/SCI is required for this position.
* Construct highly detailed 3-D geometric computer-aided design (CAD) models of multiple foreign spacecraft
* Draft notional capabilities of satellite components.
* Model components or entire vehicles
* Produce high confidence answers to problems of interest on space systems
* Supervise 2-5 other Engineers/Analysts
* Active TS/SCI security clearance
* BS/BA and 4+ years of relevant experience OR MS/MA and 2+ years of relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
* Industry or government experience in 3D CAD/CAE.
* Strong analytical and communication skills and ability to work individually and with teams
* Experience with SolidWorks or other similar 3D CAD modeling software
* Some knowledge of electrical space avionics and antenna systems
* Mechanical understanding of space systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.