Leidos has an opening for an Industrial Hygienist to support the SMA contract at NASA Ames, Moffett Field, CA. The Industrial Hygienist will perform noise exposure assessments, conduct chemical sampling, perform chemical exposure evaluations, consult on personal protective equipment assessments, provide training on occupational health topics, review chemical hygiene plans, laboratory safety plans, and design plans for new facilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare hazard evaluations, risk assessments, technological feasibility analyses, industry and exposure profiles, and other analytical documents related to critical issues to be addressed in the development of OSHA standards and guidance documents.
- Perform literature searches, summarizing key occupational exposure, toxicity, other safety and health hazard information.
- Conduct chemical, biological and radiation hazard screening.
- Construct databases and provide information management and computer programming support, including providing assistance in identifying and using current technology for standards promulgation and guidance development.
- Interact with NASA personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory and procedure requirements.
- Support and provide direction to NASA’s IH program.
- Adapt to the situation at hand and be able to bring problem situations under control.
- Take action to create an opportunity by proactively looking ahead.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks, but also able to relinquish tasks that can be performed by support staff or less-seasoned professionals.
- Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions where rule ambiguity exists.
- Direct experience working onsite at NASA Ames
- BS or BA in Industrial hygiene or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience performing industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Familiar in the use of industrial hygiene sampling equipment.
- Some lifting and climbing required for the purpose of collecting samples.
- Computer-literate in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Must be able to maintain a Public Trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Industrial Hygiene
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.