Leidos has an opening for a Senior Safety Engineer to provide support for the SMA contract at NASA Ames, Moffett Field, CA. The engineer will provide program development, implementation, coordination and training for safety programs, such as electrical safety (including high voltage electrical power safety), lock-out/tag-out, heavy equipment safety, fall protection, facility safety, ergonomics, machine guarding, housekeeping, office safety, explosives and propellants safety, mishap reporting, safety postings/signs, safety committee management, and other types of typical safety programs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Interact with NASA personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory and procedure requirements.
- Support and provide direction to NASA’s safety program.
- Adapt to the situation at hand and be able to bring problem situations under control.
- Take action to create an opportunity by proactively looking ahead.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks, but also able to relinquish tasks that can be performed by support staff or less-seasoned professionals.
- Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions where rule ambiguity exists.
- Direct experience working onsite at NASA Ames
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4 years' experience
- Excellent oral and above average written communications skills; Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management; Ability to utilize Microsoft Office to prepare reports, presentations, and charts
- Knowledge and use of computer skills and typical business software (i.e., word processing and spreadsheets) is mandatory.
- Basic computer skills, with experience in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Must be able to maintain a Public Trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.