The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for A&P Mechanics. The job of the A&P Mechanic is to maintain aircraft in accordance with OEM specifications and FAA regulations. The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. The A&P Mechanic may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist. The A&P Mechanic reports directly to the Lead A&P Mechanic.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create logbook entries
- Daily/turnaround inspections
- Build Phase Inspection packages
- Submit daily, weekly or monthly reports as required
- Perform corrosion inspections and related treatment
- Update maintenance tracking software and databases
- Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements
- Perform shipping, receiving and issuing of aircraft material
- Ability to troubleshoot systems to provide an effective solution
- Maintain FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms
- Structural repairs and component in-house repair/back shop programs
- Washing/cleaning, servicing aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems
- Turbine engine, propeller, airframe and flight control/landing gear or engine rigging
- Track and perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, repair and inspections on all aircraft systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have a current FAA A&P certificate
- Must be a US Citizen
- have a current US civilian driver's license
- Must have a basic understanding of integrated avionics
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have working knowledge of aircraft safety directive compliance (SL, SB, AD)
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as required to support operations
- Experience using common or special hand tools and test equipment as required for aircraft maintenance
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards during flight line operations
- Must be able to work in the assigned work/living environment, work shift as assigned, 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to support mission requirements
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications with the ability to read and interpret basic schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts
- Must be in good physical condition, and capable of completing and passing a physical exam and CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) course prior to deployment OCONUS
- Must have proficient computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as maintenance database and tracking software
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an interim DOD secret government security clearance
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
- Garmin G1000 experience a plus
- Inspection Authorization (IA) is desired
- Rockwell/Collins Proline 21 experience is a plus
- Recent Beechcraft King Air experience on civilian and/or military variants including Pratt & Whitney PT6 turboprop experience is highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aircraft Mechanic
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.