Senior Transmission Planning and Analysis Engineer---Honolulu HI
Leidos Engineering offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Senior Transmission Planning and Analysis Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Energy and Engineering Operation, and who will provide transmission planning and analysis consulting services as both an engineer and as a project manager as client needs dictate. This position will contribute to the expansion of Leidos Engineering and the existing Transmission Planning and Analysis consulting practice.
It is expected that this role will involve the execution of complex transmission planning studies both independently and also serve as a mentor: guiding junior staff who are assigned to perform similar studies. Studies are conducted for Municipal Utilities, Investor Owned Utilities, and Regional Planning organizations such as ISO’s and RTO’s, as well as providing transmission consulting services for Investor, Developer and Independent Power Producer Clients.
- The position will involve some degree of client facing work in a seller-doer model. Some sales and business development activities will be expected, and growth potential is significant for the right candidate. Build and maintain client relationships, assist with expanding the current client base and contribute to the growth and expansion of Transmission Planning consulting services.
- Conduct power system analysis, including: load flow, stability, short circuit and electromagnetic transients.
- Utilize accepted analytical tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, ASPEN, CAPE and PSCAD are highly desirable. The candidate must be experienced and capable of functioning both as a team member and in a leadership role in transmission studies.
- Comply with transmission regulatory policies such as: FERC Open Access Transmission Tariff issues, NERC reliability standards, Generator Interconnection Applications (LGIA and SGIA) and associated study procedures.
• Requires a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must be experienced in transmission analytics, e.g., load flow studies, stability studies, protection and short circuit studies, etc., and be knowledgeable of various power system theories and limitations.
• Experience with interconnection studies for renewable energy projects including wind and solar photovoltaic generation
• Understanding of reliability impacts caused by the inverter based generation, particularly due to high penetration of such resources
• Professional Engineering license preferred
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications skills
• Detail oriented
• Remarkable problem solver in both team and independent environments
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.