The Civil Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Capture Manager to assist the Homeland Security Solutions business in pursuing profitable growth, reporting directly to the BD VP for Homeland Security Solutions located in Reston, VA.
The Senior Capture Manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the market strategy. The qualified must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. We are an agile team that is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-directed individual to assist in leading responses of statement of works/objectives and competitive RFP/RFQ/RFI requests. The candidate is expected to understand and adapt to our identified proposal protocol, as well as understand Leidos products and services in order to lead capture efforts. As an experienced professional, the candidate is also requested to mentor other capture, BD and/or operations professionals and support the larger Homeland Security Solutions Team. This individual will be expected to coalesce with team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position HSS for successful pursuits. This person will also gather, assess, and validate customer requirements, working closely with BD leads – identifying related needs and constraints that impact the winning solution. Candidates at this level will develop value propositions through program strategies, supporting business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies and evolve the strategy throughout the Capture lifecycle. He/she will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams, assess win probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis, etc. in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships and communication with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Develop value propositions, support business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies
• Develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams
• Assist with the creation and execution of call plans
• Assist with the gathering, assessment and validation of customer requirements, identifying gaps and emerging requirements
• Drive all aspects of the capture successfully through the Win Plan process.
• Communicate resource needs and leverage resources assigned, collaborating with subject and technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers.
• Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff by managing call plan development, execution, and detailed reporting on, and tracking of, follow-up activities after plan execution.
• Plan and participate in capture activities, to include white papers, RFIs, sources sought, workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
• Ensure timely delivery of compliant RFI, sources sought and proposal responses.
• Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking.
• Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
• Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunities, document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
• Requires a BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
• Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning captures of large scale opportunities over $100M
• Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
• Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for all government responses.
• Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
• Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
• Ability to lead local and geographically-dispersed teams.
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
• The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
• Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
• Ability to deliver and willingness to provide effective coaching, mentoring, and training of the capture and proposal process.
• A proven history and bias for action and an orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
Secret clearance is a plus.
• Knowledge of DHS is also a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.