This Enterprise Cybersecurity Engineer, Sr. will serve as the network security subject matter expert within Leidos’ Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering team. The focus of the position is to design, document, and provide engineering guidance for enterprise network security solutions and architecture. This position is available in Orlando FL, Reston VA, Gaithersburg MD or as Telework.
The Enterprise Cybersecurity Engineer, Sr. will join a team of other senior enterprise cybersecurity architects and engineers as they play a key role in the overall security architecture for large-scale global IP networks supporting 35K users. The role will primarily provide expertise in designing secure environments and solutions to support the Leidos enterprise and business. Other responsibilities will include cybersecurity design assessments, cybersecurity vendor capability evaluations through analysis of alternatives, and providing security engineering services to non-security specific network IT efforts. The engineer will work with our Platform Security Engineering and Operations teams to ensure designs and requirements fit the Leidos strategic cybersecurity roadmap. There is no on-call rotation, but as an expert the candidate will rarely be required to work nights and/or weekends for escalation support.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 to 12 years of experience in a network security engineering role. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience assessing and designing network security solutions and capabilities.
- Experience with regulatory frameworks such NIST 800-171, HighTech, HIPAA, PCI-DSS and implementations for meeting controls.
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class firewall solutions (additional experience, education or training may be considered).
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining enterprise class forward proxy and content filtering solutions
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Strong communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with leadership, technical personnel and third party vendors
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire
- Experience with common enterprise class packet capture solutions such as Security Analytics and Netwitness
- Experience with common enterprise forward proxies such as Zscaler, Symantec/BlueCoat, ForcePoint/WebSense, McAfee or F5
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Possess one or more of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certification, Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc), RedHat Certifications
- Special consideration will be given to candidates that have experience with software defined networks
- Special consideration will be given to candidates that have experience with Cloud networking security experience (AWS, or Microsoft).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.