Leidos has an opening for a Systems/ Server Operations Manager to manage, operate, and support a 24/7/365 server and storage enterprise infrastructure on-premise and in the cloud for a U.S. Government organization with a broad geographical footprint and complex service delivery requirements. The successful candidate will bring significant experience in network administration, operations, and maintenance.
This position is based in Kearneysville, WV. Must be U.S. citizen and possess an active Secret clearance.
• Lead and manage daily operations for a 24/7/365 server and storage enterprise infrastructure on-premise and in the cloud; including incident response and maintenance
• Manage and direct Tier I and II systems operations teams supporting central and remote locations
• Support assessment and accreditation (A&A) activities
• Manage system monitoring tools, alerts, and escalation processes and procedures for SBU and Secret networks
• Implement processes and procedures for timely resolution of incidents and outages; identify trends and risks
• Plan and oversee installation, provisioning, optimization, and support activities; maintain approved configs using approved change control procedures; support root cause analysis
• Coordinate with engineering teams on upgrades/ enhancements and escalated incidents
• Maintain off-site backups of stored data, configs, images, etc
• Monitor and collect system performance/ capacity statistics
• Lead disaster recovery/COOP planning and testing activities
• Manage distribution and installation of firmware and software patches and ensure that updates to all endpoints and software are performed to comply with service levels
• Support procurement of equipment and software, including specification, receipt, tracking, storing, staging and disposition
• Maintain accurate hardware and software inventories
• Track/maintain/renew all licenses and maintenance contracts
• Plan and implement endpoint security measures and tools; enforce policies for endpoint access rights and permissions
• Manage/ integrate the services of subcontractors and vendors
• Supervise employees including hiring, training, assignments, assessments, counseling, and discipline/ termination.
• Support program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typiequires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.