This position will assist the ITEMS UFS Service Transition Manager to impact and coordinate broad system, hardware and software changes into operational environments while helping teams improve CM and Test rigor. Key roles include: coordinating stakeholders (across programs and teams) to develop needed engineering solutions; driving change requests through CM processes and test workflows to ensure process compliance and service continuity; recommending ways to reduce risk or accelerate delivery timelines; ensuring repeatable processes and current documentation.
The ITEMS UFS Service Transition organization includes transition planning; service testing and related test environment administration; release and deployment management; and training and knowledge management.
This hands-on role requires attention to detail, with very good organization skills and ability to pivot between highly visible customer priorities: a combination of inflexible and shifting deadlines.
This role joins a good-natured team who are motivated to take their teamwork and process maturity to the next level. This role provides excellent visibility of the hardware/software change management and test processes across the program and interfacing organizations. This role provides opportunity to analyze cross-team requirements, workflows and tools, socialize trade-offs and build consensus, then drive improvements. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed.
• Guide hardware/software changes into operational environments, across architectures: Windows-7, Windows-10, Windows Servers, Solaris, RHEL, personal devices
• Work to understand and use program and customer CM tools, especially Service+
• Streamline test and CM workflows, collaborating with other service delivery managers
• Maintain service transition documentation and help author key program CDRLs and SOPs (e.g., Release and Deployment Management Plan and Test CONOPS)
• Assess workflows and environments used for pre-operational maintenance and test activities, driving efficiencies and environment consolidations
• Help teams assess software CM controls and drive needed actions to improve posture and consistency
• Update project schedules, action items and status charts
• Support BOE (estimation) for new work
• Drive problems to closure, engaging needed stakeholders to reach solutions
• Supports complex problems: Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, and identifies root causes. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks or projects.
• Oversees and monitors work that impacts Service Transition, ensuring repeatable processes and on-time deliveries.
• Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
Education & Experience:
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.