The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking a Java Developer in Bethesda, MD to support an NIH/NHLBI contract. Leidos supports NHLBI with custom web application development to assist with the NHLBI’s Grants application review business processes.
- Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the Agile Scrum team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes
- Become a subject matter expert in NHLBI’s business processes and collaborate closely with the customer
- Independently develop, code, modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity and tiers
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Troubleshoot production and pre-production issues
- Develop or update architecture documentation as applications evolve
- Follow J2EE/Java best practices including documenting, commenting and developing unit tests for any code created
- Operate under the direction of the Solution Architect and Team Lead
- Document all development tasks within a Jira project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years JAVA experience
- Demonstrated Experience in React.js, Material UI or other web-application User Interface Framework
- Experience in full software lifecycle development
- Experience with conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
- Experience with developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability
- Experience in parallel development environment managing overlapping efforts impacting same application function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working and collaborating directly with customers to learn their business processes, requirements and objectives
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
- Experience with Bitbucket/Git, JIRA
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodology
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance (US Citizen or Green Card Holder)
- Understanding of Microservices and rule engine processing
- Experience in developing applications using Angular/Java technology stack
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.