The Electronic Warfare Division of the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Real-Time Software Development Team Lead in Bowie, MD. The candidate is responsible for leading a team of 4 SW Developers to support real-time development of sensor system software.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer with solid software development skills who is familiar with agile development techniques and interested in both hands-on development and technical leadership responsibilities. Experience with RF sensors is a plus.
• Development of new components (Java and C++) to support mission-based systems.
• Recommending new solutions to meet the evolving programs software requirements.
• Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
• Working with other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
• Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
• Assist in the maintenance and upgrade of existing software applications.
• Support existing components to include the troubleshooting of fielded systems in operational environments.
• DOD SECRET Clearance with the most recent reinvestigation within the previous six years. The position provides the opportunity to upgrade to at TS.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering and more than 12+ years of applicable software design and development work experience.
• Demonstrated hands-on development experience with Java required, other programming languages such as C++ highly desired
• Experience designing, implementing, and testing software for multi-core systems running Linux. Experience with CentOS 6 and 7 preferred.
• Experience with common build tools and products such as Make & Autotools
• Experience using version control (Subversion (SVN), GIT, etc.) for source code management
• Experience with Boost C++ Libraries, TCP/IP and UDP sockets
• Experience with producing software builds & releases using a combination of above-mentioned tool suites
• Experience with software lifecycle product development from requirements specification through design, implementation, and testing phases
• Ability to analyze software systems, codes, and software modules to resolve issues with software functionality and/or performance
• Ability to support integration of, and transition to new hardware and software systems, and generate related documentation
In addition to the required skill list above, the ideal candidate will have some level of familiarity with one or more of the following:
• Basic understanding of Cyber Security as it relates to the Software Deployment Life Cycle
• Experience with common programming languages used in the management and configuration of build infrastructures such as Bash, Python, XML, etc.
• Scripting language experience such as Python or Perl
• REDHAWK operating system
• Experience with NVIDIA GPUs and CUDA Toolkit
• Experience with transport layer protocols, and networking
While familiarity is preferred, it is not required and the candidate will have the opportunity to branch into these areas during the course of their duties.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.