The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Desktop Support at The Pentagon.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Desktop support is responsible for providing AF Senior Officers client sight service, repair and/or installation support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility. Duties may include providing roving site support services as well as assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to area-wide procedural/policy changes.
Desktop Support is divided into three teams to support the Pentagon, JBA, and JBAB. The Desktop Support team will support all desktops and multi-functional devices at the Pentagon, JBA, JBAB, Alternate Sites, and Event/Conferences. Additionally Desktop Support handles routine requirements, like new customer installs, small office moves, and technical refresh. Desktop Support handles approximately 18,000 NIPR desktops, laptops, and tablets/iPads and iPhones; approximately 3,500-4,000 SIPR desktops; and all printers connected to the AFNCR network. Desktop Support personnel are responsible for creating and maintaining a central repository for technical advice and solutions of network systems, software applications assistance, automatic data processing support, hardware exchange, and repair service support. Assisting with reporting network performance metrics using Remedy Action Reporting System. Utilize Remedy to enter, document, track, coordinate, route, resolve, and close user ticket issues. Work with HQ software license manager to prevent unlicensed software on the network.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems for customers and recommend/implement corrective solutions.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required SLA's.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails, instant messages, and voicemails.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Accurately document and update all assigned incident tickets.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Analyze, identify and resolve Common Access Cards and CAC Readers/PKI certificate troubleshooting.
- Analyze, identify, resolve VPN, outlook, and network access issues.
- Utilize Active Directory to manage user’s accounts.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Security+ CE Certification is required.
- Currently possess an active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and IT concepts.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.