As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Responsible for the operations, maintenance and upkeep of the Windows, VMware, Virtual Desk Top, Physical Workstation environment in the current UK HOBS IDENT1 system
- Responsible for maintain the appropriate DOD Cyber compliance level as directed by the program.
- Responsible for providing technical input and accomplishing development, deployment and configuration tasks for the effort
- Responsible for researching and gaining proficiency on new technologies
- Provides technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing systems.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
Must be a US Citizen with at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Extensive experience Microsoft Windows with monitoring cloud-based applications and infrastructure, specifically Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS or Azure formal training preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and use of Azure and AWS native monitoring API’s.
Experience with monitoring cloud-based applications and infrastructure, specifically Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS or Azure formal training preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and use of Azure and AWS native monitoring API’s.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.