Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
The Senior Software Developer will provide specialized Information Technology support on the Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC) for all NASA human science research projects and laboratories paving the way for human exploration of the moon and Mars.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- Know, and adhere to, KBR policies, procedures and work rules, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical and personal information to which access has been granted.
- Participate in all areas of the design, development, testing, implementation, training and support of various application development projects according to applicable HHPIT work instructions & processes.
- Support the technical goals of the Application Development Team by working closely with other Architects as applicable in all application design and development phases.
- Participate in design and planning meetings to support the technical infrastructure needs of various projects.
- Gather and document functional requirements as needed from user representatives.
- Develop and document technical design based on functional requirements.
- In cooperation with the Architects and other Application Developers, design all layers of proposed applications, including user interface, middle-tier and database, as well as interfaces between applications.
- Develop code to support the requirements and design for all layers of proposed applications and interfaces, including user interface, middle-tier and database.
- Conduct appropriate unit testing and system/integration testing of all developed applications.
- Assist with the proper coordination and conduct of user acceptance testing of all developed applications.
- Work with users and technical support staff to coordinate and execute proper migration of developed applications into a production environment.
- Assist in the development and delivery of user and/or technical support staff training on developed applications.
- Support the adoption, implementation and constant continual improvement of accepted processes for software development, code migration and configuration control.
- Assist in the evaluation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products related to all of the above.
- Provide weekly status reports of work activities to applicable Application Development Team Lead(s).
- Create documentation to support all of the above, as well as additional items as necessary.
- Develop, execute, and adhere to project plans and project schedules for all work as approved by the Application Development Lead(s)
- Balance academic software development principles with practical constraints to meet project deadlines
- Utilize Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) as both a Code Repository and Application Lifecycle Management tool.
- Provide support/mentoring to other developers for architecture and programming guidance. Decompose application requirements, assign technical tasks, and verify completeness of solutions for junior developers.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable KBR and NASA standards and work instructions.
- Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports new custom development, COTS and sustaining activities.
- Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards.
Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming is required.
- Knowledge of, and experience with relational database design/development and analytical database design/development is required.
- Knowledge of, and experience with formal software development project management tools and methods is required.
- A proven ability to coordinate with team members, project staff, customers, users, and other stakeholders to successfully develop, conduct, and implement software development projects is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels, both one on one and in groups, is essential.
- The flexibility to adapt to new development tools and technologies is essential.
- Candidates must be self-starters who have a proven ability to work independently.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming is required.
- Prior NASA experience
- Microsoft Certified Professionals or other software development related certification
- Experience with software development in a medical environment
- Experience with modeling concepts and modeling tools
- Experience with integration tools and standards
This position require successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.