Leidos is hiring for a Software Engineer in Bellevue, NE supporting Unites States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), 557th Weather Wing or related programs. The Software Engineer should have experience with structured software development methodologies and modern software test tools and techniques. The Software Engineer will work within a cross-functional Scrum team, and will be responsible for developing software, participating in acceptance criteria development, creating scripts and utilizing COTS tools to automate testing, documenting instructions within the wiki, and participating in integration activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distrusted, browser-based enterprise computer systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced
- Research and fact finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills to work with other developers and product analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field in the Software/information technology industry with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the software engineering field or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field in the Software/information technology industry with 4+ years of experience in the software engineering field
- Ability to work on cross-function Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
- Experience working with web services and Java EE development and administration (Oracle applications stack, JBoss, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery and related tools
- Experience with version control software (Mercurial, Git)
- Experience with Linux/Unix and/or Windows operating systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- 8570 IASAE I / II compliant certifications
- Experience with Application Server development (GlassFish, Weblogic, etc.)
- Experience developing with Amazon Web Services
- Software analysis and design experience
- Demonstrates Leadership skills
- EJB or servlets experience
- Application development using Weblogic/Glassfish
- SQL (MySQL, Oracle) experience
- JUnit Unix-based experience
- Shell scripting (bash, ksh) experience
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye Crucible, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system, and Maven
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.