Leidos is seeking a Web Developer for a position in the Mclean, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered. Web Developer will generate quick turnaround solutions for analysts, filling a gap between the work done by data scientists (e.g., Python scripts) and the work performed by software engineers on enterprise development teams.
The Web Developer will identify, modify, and host open source software for exploitation on the network, creating simple web-based tools on existing enterprise platforms, and mocking up potential solutions through wireframes and clickable prototypes. They will conduct outreach and engage with others to document requirements and collect feedback.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Demonstrated experience with developing websites, or other interfaces using tools (such as WordPress, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence).
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems (such as WordPress, Joomla!, Magneto, or osCommerce).
- Demonstrated experience using visual aids (such as wireframes, storyboards and UI flow charts).
- Demonstrated experience creating applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices.
- Demonstrated experience gathering project ideas using outreach activities.
- Demonstrated experience conducting usability testing to identify UI issues and gather target user input.
- Demonstrated experience implementing web accessibility standards/best practices.
- Demonstrated familiarity with application programming languages (e.g., Ruby, PHP, and XHTML).
- Demonstrated experience planning and presenting user interface designs using tools such as Axure.
- Demonstrated familiarity with data science and computer languages such as Python.
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile environment and consulting in a multi-project environment.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and offering suggestions for concept development, metrics and deployment decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with problem resolution to include organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems. This includes the ability to plan projects, meet objectives, develop contingencies, and produce schedules.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in dynamic team environment with technical and non-technical officers.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.