Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Manager, Proposal Operations – Proposal Management and Compliance located in Reston, VA and/or Rockville, MD
The Leidos' Proposal Operations Team provides highly skilled people, facilities, and resources to support more than $50B in annual proposal submissions. We are seeking a highly qualified, Senior Manager able to lead our team of Proposal Managers and Compliance Leads. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Proposal Operations.
- Manage and Lead a team of 30+ geographically dispersed Proposal Managers and Proposal Compliance Leads
- Monitor and understand the Leidos Enterprise pipeline and prioritize requests for resources
- Lead the Proposal Management team through job specific goal setting, performance tracking, mentoring, career progression, and positioning the team for long-term success.
- Supervise and provide leadership and performance guidance to employees and junior staff
- Track, schedule, and coordinate work assignments to support new business capture across the Leidos Enterprise, and keeping the proposal management team highly utilized
- Grow next generation Proposal Management Talent
- Judicious escalation of operational issues to the Leidos Leadership team
- Regularly liaise with Line Leadership, Capture Operations, subcontractors, and customer stakeholders throughout the Leidos community
- This position will require hands-on work to establish team goals, review of workloads and schedules, and counseling of staff in challenging situations
- This position could require delivering proposal-related trainings and managing Proposals and Color Review Team work when needed
- Weekend and evening hours and quick-turn projects are routinely required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Additional years’ experience may be used in lieu of a degree
- 12+ years of direct proposal/capture-related experience; Government Contracting experience required
- The selected candidate must possess 3+ years of demonstrated direct supervisory experience of a large team
- Ability to manage conflict effectively and negotiate solutions that best support Leidos goals, mission, and values
- Ability to effectively manage operations & people in a complex, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Direct Proposal/Capture Management experience
- Knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan
- TS Clearance
- Experience with SharePoint
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.