Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Leidos is seeking a Computer Operator to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Mission Command Division based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at both Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and Ft. Sill/Lawton, OK.
In this role, you will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems. You will provide technical support to the US Army’s FIRES Family of Systems including: AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, FF-Q37, FF-Q36, Centaur LWTFDS, PVM, MMS-P, PFED, LCMR Q50, AN/TQP-53 and LCMR Q49.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three years of experience in a computer operations and data processing environment.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Must understand customer relations and practical applications of customer service techniques when solving complex computer problems.
- Be able to obtain a secret (or interim) security clearance prior to the start date.
- Operate on-line and off-line computer peripheral equipment to transfer data from one form to another.
- Set control switches; ensuring correct peripheral equipment is utilized by moving switches to clear system and operate equipment; selecting and loading input and output units with materials such as tapes, cards, and printout forms.
- Observe equipment, control panels, and operator consoles for operator messages or indications, reacting appropriately to messages and reporting errors/malfunctions/ problems to the Leader.
- Perform work, such as labeling tape containers, maintaining production records, replenishing specified stock item, and distributing output materials.
- Active Secret clearance would be given preference in consideration.
- Experience in mounting, positioning, processing, and unloading tapes for network backups Experience in processing classified media, hardware, and documentation.
- Be able to operate on-line and off-line computer peripheral equipment to transfer data from one form to another.
- Be able to perform clerical work incidental to machine operations, such as labeling cards or tape containers, maintaining production records, replenishing specified stock items, and distributing output materials.
- Experience in maintaining property records and performing property inventory and property management functions.
- Ability to operate computer equipment and customized databases to track property.
- Experience working independently in a computer environment with multiple operating systems is desirable.
- Experience providing good customer service and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Training or exposure in processing using Agile Methodology is desirable.
- Proficient in using a variety of software packages to include Microsoft Office suite.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.