The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to FAA customers, receiving NISC program services throughout the central service area.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC III mission.
The NISC III contract provides technical and scheduling support for projects, to include: electrical power systems, communication systems, radars, towers, buildings and other large facilities.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting project manager in organization and oversight of multiple project types, including coordinating and scheduling of site visits, subcontractors and reporting.
This position is virtual meaning the selected candidate can live anywhere in the United States but preference will be given to candidates who live in the Fort Worth, TX area.
- Provides the project manager support and assistance in scheduling, documentation, budgeting and communication.
- Assist in the oversight and daily administration of projects.
- Assists in information collection and validations.
- Facilitates collaborative documents and data stores.
- Helps prepare status reports and presentations.
- Maintains projects in an orderly/organized manner to better ensure timely reporting.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of project(s) to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and within or below budget.
- Assists in management of subcontractors to ensure to ensure tight scheduling as well as customer satisfaction.
- Perform administrative and professional work using writing tools and electronic media. This may include keeping an updated calendar and logging daily activities.
- You will also assist in general project related administrative duties.
Typical education / experience requirements
- Normally requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to administer several tasks independently and concurrently, with ongoing changes in priority
- Analytical skills and flexibility in dealing with a changing environment is required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions with knowledgeable response.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil or other) or Construction Management and/or 3+ years' work experience.
- Two year’s experience in construction, design or project management.
- Federal Aviation Administration, government and/or military construction project experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.