Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
The Deputy Project Manager (DPM) shall act as the assistant lead, manager, and administrator for Agile, SAFe, SecDevOps program. The DPM shall direct efforts of cross-competency teams, to include contractors at multiple locations, and shall serve as the secondary interface with Government program authorities and representatives on technical and project issues. The DPM shall manage acquisition and employment of project resources and control financial and administrative aspects of the project. The DPM shall assume all PM responsibilities in the event of a vacancy or short-term absence of the PM.
- The DPM will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager, Financial Support Staff, and Contracts/Subcontracts Administrators in managing program execution.
- In this role, the DPM will be responsible for managing staffing, finances and contractual aspects of the program, as directed by the PM.
- The DPM will be responsible to work to identify, analyze and report cost, risk and schedule variances.
- Support the execution of product development, enhancement and maintenance of tools and applications (in a CI/CD) and O&M services designed to ensure mission success.
- Manage and control cost, schedule and scope to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort.
- Provide direction for operations and ensure compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for resolution of technical problems
- Regularly interact with all levels of management, internal and external POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Detailed technical and program inputs to internal and external reporting
- Lead by example with professional, collaborative, and ethical conduct.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Project Management experience managing complex projects of a similar scope and complexity to the Section C requirements.
- An active certification in one of the following:
i. Active PMI Project Management Professional or Program Management
ii. DAWIA Level III Program Management certification.
iii. FAC P/PM Level 3.
- Experience operating in a large technical environment including application development and infrastructure support.
- Understanding of Agile development methodology.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.