Leidos is seeking a Java Developer Intern to support our technical systems development team with design, development, implementation, testing and delivery of solutions for current government client.
• Develop software by writing and troubleshooting code; using Java.
• Contribute to the design and architecture of the project(s).
• Works cross functionally with the development and engineering teams.
• Ability to manage multiple requests, multi-task and deliver requested work on time.
• Embrace utilizing new approaches, ideas, and technology to solve challenging problems
• Pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related.
• Knowledge about one or more frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and Express/Node.js and knowledge of Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
• Strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne.
• Knowledge of Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
• Knowledge of JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• The passion and drive to expand coding skills
• Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
• Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
• Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.