The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has openings for a Software Engineer who wants to be a part of an exciting opportunity to support the design, implementation, integration and sustainment of a Customer’s new Central Security Service. This challenging and dynamic setting is located in the Northern Virginia area and will provide you with the opportunity to use your experience to support an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. This position will require a TS/SCI with poly.
The Software Engineer will support the implementation, integration and sustainment of a new Central Security Service in development/test and operations for subscribing IT assets, centralized management of security services and data, and automation of continuous monitoring and reporting for IT assets. The successful Software Engineer will support software engineering tasks across Customer domains, audit-as-a-service, enterprise vulnerability scanning services, host based security service and security information and event management to ensure no mission impacts.
- Research operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for program specific application
- Support definition, implementation, integration and sustainment of Central Security Services
- Develop plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion including systems requirements determination
- Design subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage implementation
- Set operational specifications, formulate and analyze software requirements
- Ensures proper implementation of program and system specifications through close coordination with programmers
- Participate in design reviews, test readiness reviews, formal test/verification activities and operations readiness reviews
- Support development of configuration management plan to establish procedures and framework for maintaining configuration control
- BS and 5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3 years of prior relevant experience or 10 years of relevant experience
- TS/SCI with Poly
- IAT Level I certification of A+, Network+, SSCP, CCNA-Security
- Experience automating system administration tasks
- Experience with working in an intelligence community operational environment
- Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively on a small team in a real-time operational environment
- Ability to recognize problems or errors and respond appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Experience with:
- Python scripting
- Tenable Nessus Security and Nessus Vulnerability Scanner Products (EVSS Tool)
- McAfee Application Control & Change Control (MACC)
- VirusScan Enterprise (VSE), Policy Auditor (PA), Host Intrusion Prevention Services (HIPS), Asset Configuration Compliance Module (ACCM), Rogue Sensor Detection (RSD), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), White List, Endpoint Security (ENS)
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology desired.
- Experience collaborating with diverse IC stakeholders to drive consensus and forward progress.
- Ability to identify needed changes to processes and activities and help to implement continuous improvement solutions
- Ability to work successfully as part of a virtual team
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.