The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Network Security Engineer / CND Lead at MacDill AFB, FL.
Supports the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), as part of a team assisting with security accreditation, risk mitigation and reporting in support of DoD policy, directives, instructions and guidance. Develops and tracks status of RMF artifacts for system security accreditation, amendments and System Security Update Plan (SSUP). Support will be provided Monday–Friday, 8 hours, between the core hours of 0630-1730.
- Provide system administrator (ex. Linux, Windows, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems, End Point Security ) support installing, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, administrating, and cybersecurity hardening of operating systems on both the classified and unclassified systems (SIPR and NIPR).
- Utilize formal network security monitoring policies and procedures that include the appropriate use of DoD-approved IDPS tools that have automated alert capabilities enabled
- Perform Detection (Monitoring and Analysis) activities on the JCSE using Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System sensors (IDS/IPS), hereafter called sensors.
- Follow documented procedures for characterizing anomalous events detected by sensors and other network monitoring systems.
- Review and analyze logs in a timely manner to detect intruders.
- Provide notice of suspicious/malicious network traffic or similar activities that suggest an impending or on-going attack
- Search for distributed, long-term, coordinated, low-visibility network based attacks to identify possible unauthorized activity utilizing exploratory problem-solving or self-learning techniques. Suspicious/significant activity will be shared among the CND/IA community.
- Report potential incidents and correlated information from these incidents/events that occur on sensors using documented procedures in accordance with DoD guidance.
- Document and escalate incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 yrs. of relevant experience or Masters degree with 6-10 yrs of prior relevant experience; specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- CSSP Analyst (CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, Cloud+, SCYBER)
- Minimum Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.