- Work as part of a team to develop creative and engaging interactive media in support of learning projects.
- Design and develop 2D and 3D graphics and animations.
- Provide graphic design support to a variety of tasks, including print products, web banners, stand-alone graphics, graphics and animations for videos, website design, and ad hoc media requests.
- Develop and/or assist with the development of e-learning courses in conjunction with instructional designers and instructors.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team members, such as AV, TI, instructors, and production teams to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Work with customer to coordinate resources, prioritize activities, and ensure quality and timely products.
- Utilize a training tool and weekly meetings to track, communicate, and manage all tasks and projects to ensure all assigned tasks are completed or before the established due date.
- Communication and promote effective use of new and current technologies to the customer.
- Provide through analysis of options to ensure recommendations address physical and security constraints.
- Make equipment and software recommendations based on industry best practices and in accordance with customer policies and procedures.
- Maintain credentials as required.
- Archive final projects in accordance with office designated standards.
- Adhere to customer security policies and procedures regarding the use of systems, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Execute diplomacy working with various levels of team members, manages, and customer to identify requirements and develop action plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in web production, graphic design, animation, cartography, fine arts, or related field.
- At least 12 years of related job experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience developing special applications such as 2D and 3D animations and web design, ideally for a learning environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent graphic design or interactive multimedia development / design / programming experience.
- Experience using a diverse range of multimedia, electronic authoring and development tools, software, and platforms for the delivery of products such as Lectora, Flash, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Camtasia, or HTML5.
- Experience designing in and integrating elements from the Adobe Creative Suite or other compositing packages.
- Strong visual design including use of typography, composition, and color.
- Implementing user-centric interactive design and web standards.
- Developing mock ups, user flows, storyboards, and prototypes to effectively communicate web design.
- Generating cohesive, desirable design, based on holistic consideration of the users.
- Utilizing project tracking mechanism to communicate, coordinate, prioritize, and complete projects on schedule.
- Identifying and communicating project status, interdependencies, and managing priorities.
- Ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Security Clearance Requirement
Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- Experience designing, drafting, planning, and producing designs for instructional programs, videos, multimedia, e-learning and other print, electronic, and multimedia materials independently and with input from subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with copyright and ADA compliance regulations.
- Experience building training products.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.