We are excited to announce our opening for a Supply Chain Engineer (Procurement Engineer) on our Strategic Sourcing team in our Springfield, VA location! This person will be responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for the Leidos Intelligence Business Line. The job of the Project/Procurement Engineer is to support multiple Strategic Sourcing and business initiatives utilizing a combination of technical background and project management expertise. Must have the ability to work with a Program Manager and Associate Director in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish. Individual will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met.
Serves as Procurement Engineer in the Strategic Technology Sourcing organization with interaction with numerous HW, SW, Cloud & Cyber manufacturers and technical teams within Leidos.
Candidate will solve problems in Cost/Value Engineering, Affordability, and Technical Solutions.
Candidate is responsible for providing innovative technical solutions and sourcing strategies that drive down cost (market research, engaging with Category Managers/Supplier Relationship Managers, etc.)
Candidate works with Solution Architects to define technical requirements by engaging suppliers
Candidate will also have job responsibilities associated with Supplier Management, Program Material Acquisition, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Technical bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment. Overall 8+ years of combined experience or with a Master's degree 6+.
- Must possess 5+ years-experience in areas of project planning, scheduling, coordination, with a demonstrated history of developing technical solutions that meet program requirements. MUST possess background in Technology.
- Strong understanding in acquisition of Cloud, Cyber, and XaaS technologies
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel as the team utilizes advanced functions in Excel to conduct data analytics.
- Experience with supplier coordination including hardware and software selection, maintenance issues, and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organizations and program levels simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight time constraints.
- Experience as a Team Lead/Leader in prior relevant assignment.
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
- PMP Certification
- Experience in Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics, HW/SW Maintenance Planning, Earned Value Management, Proposal Volume Authorship Experience
- Experience in acquisition of materials and components, consisting of, but not limited to, non-IT related finished products, raw materials, fabricated parts, electronic components, machines, equipment, and test devices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.