As part of our company mission, we are dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores -- our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for a Software Manager located at our Huntsville, AL office, in support of U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) programs. You will utilize your engineering experience to provide technical input and problem solving for Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS), and Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) programs and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ground Control Station Version 4 (UASGCSV4). You will be part of the Engineering Team supporting UAS systems that includes software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and a full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management. Engineering activities include: Requirements analysis, design, functional testing, and all associated documentation.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a main proponent to ensure successful software engineering for all facets of the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow, MQ-1C Gray Eagle and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ground Control Station Version 4 (UASGCSV4) program.
• Manage software team and subcontractor software teams in the execution of projects across the all assigned UAS programs
• Experience with Family of Systems (FoS) Interoperability Profiles (IOPs) and STANAG 4586 standards
• Performs top-level design tasks using systems engineering methodology to derive software requirements and overall system impact
• Develop and manage software development plans, software test descriptions and software requirements specifications
• Develop and manage software test procedures and software test plans
• Conduct and manage software integration test ins a Software Integration Lab (SIL) environment
• Integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks
• Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design.
• Manage sub-contractors executing complex software engineering tasks.
• Develop an integrated master plan for software engineering activities.
• Develop and manage statement of work for software engineering related activities.
• Develop and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams.
• Coordinate and communicate with the United States Army, UAS stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership.
• Responsible for analysis, implementation planning, and subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment will be required.
• Responsible in cross-functional activities to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering and a minimum twelve (12) years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience leading and managing unmanned aircraft systems including technology processes and projects.
• Experience coordinating with Third-Party Hardware and Software Vendors for successful systems integration and testing.
• Experience in diagnosing complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Experience in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
• Experience with Microsoft office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Experience working in a team-based environment to meet objectives.
• Experience in working with Government personnel to identify required activities, to perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
• Experience developing Systems requirements.
• Experience with IPTs or smaller task teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Have a strong background in the UAS field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software
• UAS engineering experience and/or relevant experience in a related field.
• US citizenship with an active DoD Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
• 10% CONUS travel required
• Masters in Science.
• Active Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience in the development of proposals and capture management.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.).
• Report and/or technical writing skills.
• Development Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities.
• Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.