The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Scrum Master to work in Clarksburg, WV. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the FBI mission. In support of the FBI mission, we are seeking innovative candidates to develop architecture-based assets for FBI data science and artificial intelligence efforts as defined. The primary focus will be to develop a vision and direction for FBI systems in the areas of AI/ML, Data Management, and Cloud computing.
Perform as scrum master for an agile scrum team to support the maintenance of this agile IT architecture-focused effort. The team will be responsible for creating artifacts pertaining to the incorporation of AI/ML, big data management, and the continuation of support for systems migrating to the cloud.
** This position is eligible for relocation
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of overall IT experience, years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
The Candidate shall have at least eight (8) years of experience in the following areas:
- Exhibiting Lean-Agile leadership and helping team members embrace Agile values, adopting and applying Agile Principles, and implementing Agile practices.
- Keeping the team focused on daily and iteration goals; and helps achievement with respect to quality, flow and velocity.
- Facilitating the team’s retrospective, and leading the team’s improvement efforts.
- Facilitating all team meetings, including, but not limited to, the daily stand-up, Iteration Planning, Team Demo, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Supporting the Product Owner with respect to priorities and scope.
- Actively addressing impediments such as getting support from other teams when required.
- Promoting Agile quality practices so the team can meet its goals.
- Providing communication to other Agile teams.
- Guiding the team in estimating the team’s work.
The Candidate shall possess one (or similar) of the following Agile certifications:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification from Scaled Agile, Inc.
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional from Scrum Alliance
- Agile Certified Professional from Program Management Institute
The Candidate shall possess a Top Secret (TS) personnel security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.