The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for an Information Systems Security Officer / ISSO at MacDill AFB, FL.
Supports the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), as part of a team assisting with security accreditation, risk mitigation and reporting in support of DoD policy, directives, instructions and guidance. Develops and tracks status of RMF artifacts for system security accreditation, amendments and System Security Update Plan (SSUP). Support will be provided Monday–Friday, 8 hours, between the core hours of 0630-1730.
• Develop Security plan of action and milestones (POA&M) for all open security findings identified on the end to end enterprise infrastructure (Data Center, SATCOM Gateway, and deployed kits).
• Develop, staff and maintain security-related statutory/regulatory documentation as required by DoDI 8510, including but not limited to: Cybersecurity Strategy (CS) and Program Protection Plan (PPP).
• Conduct weekly meetings to track the security process, status of the accreditation package and finding resolution on the enterprise infrastructure.
• Maintain documentation identifying what cybersecurity STIG, checklist, or control requirements apply for every component or software in the enterprise infrastructure (Data center, SATCOM Gateway, and deployed kits)
• Administration of IA scans with appropriate and approved tools (e.g. Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), etc.) of all items as directed. Scans shall be run using the most recent security definitions of each tool.
• Track all implementation information for assurance directed guidelines for all hardware as well as applicable software ensuring proper security for the JCSE Enterprise. Provide tracking and summary reports based on findings to leadership. Implementation actions include but are not limited to STIGs, compliant patch implementation/management, Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance, integration/ implementation of network or firewall approved devices, and react appropriately to cyber threats.
• Support and perform DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with CNSSI 1253 and NIST 800-53 (all revisions) for IA controls; 8570/8140 for IA Workforce training and DCID 6/3 for protection of sensitive compartmented information. This also includes the updates required for the JCSE packages and all updated instructions which support the Assess and Authorize (A&A) process.
• Assist with developing and maintaining system policies and procedures for network security, virus protection, user accounts, maintenance and utilization.
• Provide technical support and guidance to the cybersecurity team as part of maintaining the JCSE IA processes and procedures in support of computer network defense in-depth protection for the JCSE enterprise infrastructure. Recommend network configuration, policy, training, operational or other changes/updates based on assessed risks.
• Coordinate with internal and external organizations, agencies and activities to support resolution of security issues, accreditation and waiver requests that impact the ability to obtain connection approval. Recommend connection approval, disapproval or modification based on security risks and system vulnerabilities.
• Provide system administrator (ex. Linux, Windows, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems, End Point Security ) support installing, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, administrating, and cybersecurity hardening of operating systems on both the classified and unclassified systems (SIPR and NIPR).
• Maintain configuration documentation for the JCSE Enterprise to include: network diagrams, technical sensor/administrative & policy POCs, and related information.
• Ensure proper protection of data in transit, in accordance with DoD policy.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 yrs. of relevant experience; Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• DoD 8570 IAM Level 1 Certification (SEC+, CAP, GSLC)
• Minimum Top Secret SCI Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.