The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an SQL Server DBA / SME at Joint Base Andrews.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Primary Responsibilities for SQL Server DBA / SME:
- Analyzes business processes and procedures; makes recommendations to system/software solutions.
- Provides Tier 3 Microsoft SQL Server support, solving complex issues by providing sound solutions.
- Applies best practice for tuning SQL databases to improve overall system performance.
- Supports software development and test throughout the software development lifecycle to include; incremental script execution and defect resolution.
- Review proposed database structure changes and gain approval to modify based on best practices.
- Researches interfaces to identify and code required updates to support integration.
- Ensures software releases are fully supported and gains approvals before implementing new changes into the production environment.
- Creates and maintains all SQL databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Puts standards in place to ensure all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance; Perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Performs planning and assists application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new SQL products or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Troubleshoots all problems regarding SQL databases, applications and development tools.
- Requires BS degree and a minimum of 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with min of 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must hold current or obtain within 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
- Tier 3 MS SQL Server Support.
- Ability to solve complex problems and present solutions to leadership.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
- MS SQL 2005, 2008R2, 2016
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.