Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos has an opening for a Information Technology Project Manager (Cyber) in supporting DOE sites, primarily Portsmouth, OH. This is a mid-level program management position responsible for analyzing and directing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the IT department, including Help Desk, Systems and Network Administration and Cyber Security personnel. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure a streamlined operation in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost effective technology solutions and cyber security requirements for all aspects of the organization.
- Define and implement IT and cyber-related policies, procedures, and best practices for the organization.
- Ensure implementation of all IT and Cyber requirements as defined by customer contract.
- Lead operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Maintain a current understanding of all applicable Federal and Department of Energy (DOE) regulations and provide interpretation to the site.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services supporting a population of ~2500 users
- Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices.
- Manage financial aspects of the program, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Lead staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety, and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting co-workers of such requirements as needed.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level. Prefer active DOE Q or Top Secret clearance.
GENERALLY REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Experience with Department of Energy or supporting other Government agencies
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience managing end-user support, help desk, cyber security and technical operations.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and senior level customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff (20 persons or more) of various labor categories and skills and a large group of subcontractors to deliver IT Services
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Related industry-recognized certifications including PMP, Security + and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) are desired.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL
- Active TOP SECRET or Department of Energy Q clearance
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.