Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Storage / VMWare Engineer, to assist with the design, deployment, and maintenance of a full stack containerized microservices architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting including associated hardware working at our Reston, VA office. We need you to participate in fostering a DevOps culture, and building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
You will work closely with the chief architect, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
• Build, install, configure, and troubleshoot VMWare based servers and systems
• Exensive knowledge of VMWare products including, but not limited to vSphere, VMWare Enterprise PKS, vCenter Servers, Production level Kubernetics and others
• Maintain and support VMWare storage based system tools such as VMWare Site recovery Manager and Virtual Volumes
• Assist with phase-in activities including initial HW/SW configuration tests and network connectivity
• Maintain the deployment environment according to the systems engineering specifications and baseline configuration at given points in time
• Deploy, operate, diagnose, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
• Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java running on Kubernetes
• Orchestrate staging and production deployment
• Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
• Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools (e.g., GIT, Jenkins, Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Day-to-day collaboration with developers and QA teams, to influence design, and architect solutions in multi-tiered environments
• Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
• Produce clear documentation for delivered solutions
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 8+ years in systems engineering or administration or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Must have a TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Experience with deployment and operations of containers as well as container orchestration tools
• Experience orchestrating workflows to execute at predefined times, including workflows that have data dependencies.
• Proficiency in DevOps tools; scripting
• 4 years of experience with VMWare tools
• 4 years of experience in an operations role
• 2 years experience in a VMWare environment
• 2 years of patching servers, backups, permission management
• 2 years experience providing Tier II & III Windows and UNIX (Linux) support
• Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), infrastructure services, and security
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• CompTIA Security+
It would be great if you have specific experiences and skills with the following (preferred):
• Knowledge and some understanding of Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Linux, Git, Python, Elasticsearch, Logstash, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
• Experience establishing large computer clusters- Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources.
• Experience in applying both agent-based and agentless (e.g. SSH) methods to event-driven orchestration and remote execution for configuration management.
• Experience in applying automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt) for configuration automation, cloud control, and event-driven orchestration.
More about the PROGRAM:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles. We are looking for you to have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. Have a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.