The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for a Journeyman Electronic Technician, Test Analyst to work at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Sustainment Support contract.
- Perform journeyman-level troubleshooting and repairs of electronic line replaceable units within the IBD SS family of systems and preventive/corrective maintenance of IBD SS equipment.
- Conduct and support equipment testing in accordance with approved test plans.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, calibrate, and perform quality control for equipment.
- Complete inspections of unit equipment and open and track work orders.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Conduct equipment inventories.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications
- Performs installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair for communications equipment, electronics equipment, large computers, minicomputers, or microprocessors, including buses for those in a networked environment.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of relevant technical experience. 8 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have capability to distinguish between hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems.
- Relevant and recent IBD SS electronic maintenance and testing experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.