Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Senior AFATDS Subject Matter Expert in Abingdon MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with other ISDs/Training Developers, Technical Writers, System and Software Engineers, and subject matter experts to develop effective adult learning opportunities for customer workforce.
- In collaboration with other ISDs/Training Developers, candidate will design and develop content/instruction and other learning solutions that prepare students with the knowledge needed to carry out their mission as defined by role and task.
- Perform Task Analysis on newly developed software.
- Develop/Design content/courses for embedded and blended-learning environments, incorporating technology into the design and delivery.
- Consult with instructors and subject matter experts to determine instructional requirements, collect data, customize design proposals, and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with technical developers/designers to produce media that supports instructional goals and objectives.
- Analyze, evaluate, observe courses to propose and plan design improvements.
- Collect, analyze report and use quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions or projects.
- Use a range of educational technologies in support of synchronous, asynchronous and self-service teaching and learning.
- BA degree in related technical field and 8-12 years prior relevant experience, OR, A Master’s Degree in Instructional Systems Design related technical field with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Subject Matter Expertise with Army AFATDS
- Experience with Jira to track tasking as part of project work required
- Familiarity with Army Training Product development and IETM development processes
- Strong working knowledge of the software development process
- Experience in writing of all levels of Training and Technical Publication documentation/products IAW with Army and DOD standards
- Experience in developing contract deliverables per Data Item Descriptions
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to brief various audiences on status of projects, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and work with technical staff
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint, and XML authoring tools)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience in developing and delivering Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) in XML in accordance with Mil Std 40051-1/C
- Experience in developing and delivering technical publications, such as requirements specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, training manuals and other documentation utilized by end users
- Experience working on software development projects, especially Agile based development programs, within DOD, US Army, PM MC and/or AFATDS
- Experience with Confluence and/or Bitbucket
- Currently possess or be able to gain an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.