Varec currently has an opening for a Scrum Master. This position requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work guide a cross functional team of Developers, Test Engineers, and technical writers in the development of Fuels Manager application for Defense and Commercial markets.
- Utilize the Agile/Scrum Framework and best practices for delivering a quality product to our customers.
- Facilitate Scum Ceremonies; Daily Stand-ups, planning, retrospectives, and Iteration review sessions, ensuring all activities follow the principles and use the tools of Scrum framework.
- Foster team collaboration and communication
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Collaborate with Product Owner and team to generate estimates for planning
- Collaborate with Product Owner and Stakeholders to build a product road map
- Work with the team to adapt to changes improve efficiency and yield better results
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Lead the teams towards agile maturity
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Capture metrics to measure and improve performance and quality of deliverables
- Communicates with the Program Managers, Systems Integrators, Executive Leadership and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-8 years or Masters with 2-6 years
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP),
- 3-5 years’ working experience with agile software development
- Advance and Scaled Agile certifications (SA) is a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
- Good skills to coach teams on how to follow agile scrum.
- Experience using agile Management Tools, like TFS, JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to work with and lead a team
- Strong work experience of software development
- Experience working with traditional project management tools like Microsoft Project is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to analyze and think quickly to handle conflicts calmly
- Self-motivated and have the ability to stay focused and prioritize many objectives and projects
- Knowledge of Fuel or Liquid Management software systems a plus
To be included in job posting.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.