Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Telecommunications Project Engineer that will oversee and manage the integration of an outside cable plant infrastructure upgrade into new and existing facilities as well as design inside cable plant for all new facilities at McMurdo Station, Antarctica.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure that work areas meet all ASC and USAP safety standards.
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure Transition Project team to review new cable plant design and communicate IT requirements for new cable plant integration.
- Review and analyze cable plant designs and schedules to determine how and when outside cable plant modifications will affect new and existing facilities.
- Develop the transition and provisioning plans necessary to maintain services with minimal disruption by identifying and establishing new pathways.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the installation and construction teams of the cable plant.
- Perform quality control for telecommunications technician crews as needed.
- Coordinate closely with the USAP Enterprise Telecommunications Supervisor and O&M staff to ensure smooth integration and hand-over of new cable-plant.
- Identify and/or verify materials required to execute the transition and provisioning of new pathways, prepare bill of materials and procure.
- Serve as technical subject matter expert (SME) for construction elements (cable tray, utilidors, road crossings and similar).
- Design and coordinate the installation of racks, patch panels, protection modules and similar telecommunications components within nodes, rooms and telco closets.
- Perform quality checks on cable plant records and technical documentation for accuracy.
- Assist with inputting cable plant into cable management software.
- Provide SME support for field construction and maintenance of telecommunication assets/infrastructure including digital microwave, mobile and fixed wireless networks, fiber optics, various multiplexers, and paging systems.
- Participate in the project planning process including developing schedules with appropriate resources.
- Provide timely progress and status updates to project leadership and management.
- Attend or complete required training as identified by IT&C Management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5 years of experience in a telecommunications engineering position.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, planning, development, integration and documentation of workable and/or buildable ISP/ OSP cabling systems.
- Experience with wiring standards and protocols required.
- Solid understanding of logical and systematic troubleshooting techniques is required.
- Qualified candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams on design and implementation efforts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residence is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- BICSI OSP/RCDD Certifications preferred.
- Relevant industry certifications (BICSI, FOA, Light Brigade, etc.).
- Experience working in cold weather environment.
- Experience working in remote environment.
- Experience using cable-management software tools.
- Deployment to McMurdo Station, Antarctica will be required in this position. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.
- Individual must be capable of operating a standard desktop computer; must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This is a full time, deploying position – Contract will run a minimum of two years.
- This position is located in Centennial, CO with 3 month deployments to McMurdo Station, Antarctica.
- All expenses paid while on-ice; meals, lodging, medical, gear, travel to and from Antarctica.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.