The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for Java Software Developer to develop Web-based applications in a Java EE and Oracle environment to work in our Chambersburg, PA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) mission. In this mission we provide all encompassing IT services to our DoD customer. The project needs a hands on Java Software Developer with experience in Java EE platform and component technologies including servlets, JSP, and industry standard IDEs like Eclipse and NewBeans. Working knowledge and experience with web services technologies such as RESTful and JSON, and working with SQL in an Oracle environment are required for the position. Candidate will work in a team environment to research, design, develop, and support a software system which is undergoing significant modernization
- Perform as software engineer in full-stack, web application development in a small team environment.
- UI design and implementation of new and existing web front-end solutions
- Perform across the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from concept development, design, testing, implementation, integration and deployment
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Analyze requirements to ensure overall testability, develop software design, test plans, and procedures
- Execute functional, performance, and security tests and support debug of system issues
- Estimate software development level of efforts and schedules
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current development methods
- Supports evaluation, selection, integration of commercial, government and open-source tools, frameworks and technologies
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Collaborates in team environment and develop new solutions within a culture that embraces standard processes and delivery of high quality solutions
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques
- Adheres to laws, standards, established guidelines and industry best practices for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, security, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Telework occasionally
- A BS degree in computer science or related field and 4+ years of relevant experience or a Masters Degree in computer science or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and troubleshoot applications (full-stack)
- Proficiency in Java (SE 7+, EE 6+) application development using web frameworks and internet technologies
- Familiarity with Oracle database SQL, PL/SQL (packages, stored procedures, triggers)
- Proficiency with web services (e.g., SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience with application development in Eclipse environment
- Experience with Java EE application servers (e.g., RedHat JBoss EAP, Oracle WebLogic)
- Experience working in a Linux (RHEL) server environment
- General knowledge of DISA STIGS and how they influence and establish best-practices within the IT environment. Previous implementation experience and ability to read, understand, and interpret STIG requirements.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create software design and engineering documents
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work under tight deadlines is essential
- Ability to learn, excel and deliver at a quick pace is required
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Security & certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.