Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Service Desk Junior Engineer that will provide Tier II support for the ESA IV Service Desk. This will include provisioning, maintaining, configuring, updating, and troubleshooting desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, and printer connectivity. The Service Desk Junior Engineer will perform advance user account maintenance, including Active Directory (AD) tasks, and support end users with excellent customer service skills, responsiveness, follow-through, issue resolution, and timely ticket closure.
- Provides hands on end user technical support to internal/contract employees.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the Service Desk.
- Respond to and resolve IT issues and request tickets using help desk software in compliance with an internal Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Provide Service Desk Manager reports as needed from the tracking tool.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have solid hands-on knowledge of desktop Windows administration required.
- Excellent understanding of Windows, LAN, and Active Directory (Group Policy).
- Office 365 expertise.
- Knowledgeable about SharePoint applications.
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices.
- Must have experience with configuration, troubleshooting, and maintaining virtual and cloud environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with centralized desktop managed tools such as SCCM and IBM BigFix.
- Experience with and understanding of Active Directory containers, objects, and GPOs.
- Strong understanding and experience with enterprise deployments of Microsoft Windows 10.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience resolving difficult issues.
- Some scripting experience preferred (PowerShell, VB Script).
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.