As a nascent developer within the organization, you will be expected to collaborate and coordinate with a geographically distributed team while working as a critical part of the team to implement the vision. Software Development intra-team TEMs will occupy the majority of your time. You’ll be expected to learn and apply new technologies in an expedient fashion while taking an active role in team discussions that shape the implementation space. Your immediate mainstays will be Java, Shell Scripting, AWS CloudFormation, Image Processing, and Web Services in a scalable, reliable, distributed, and performant environment; Analytics, Data Lakes, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Analytic/Knowledge modeling will be on the immediate horizon. Primarily, a successful candidate must be comfortable with being technically challenged on an ongoing basis.
- Requires BS degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.; degree must be in Computer Science
- 2+ years of Software Development tackling challenging problems.
- 2+ years of Java
- 1+ years of Distributed Development / Architecture
- 1+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis/Design
- 1+ years of Linux Shell Scripting
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
- Image Processing/Exploitation Experience
- OpenGL / WebGL Experience
- Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Data Modelling / Data Lake Experience
- Analytic / Knowledge Modelling Experience
- Stream Processing Experience
- Geospatial Analysis / Production Experience.
- AWS Cloud Experience utilizing CloudFormation, VPC, EC2 instances, and Security Groups
- Active TS/SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.