The Leidos Civil Group is seeking an is seeking a senior level Environmental Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Professional, to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Services Group (AJW-23) for Air Traffic Organization (ATO).
Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in execution of Construction Safety, Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety, Vehicle Safety and Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) programs.
The position will be located in the Washington DC commuting area.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform technical SME review of standards and guidance as related to the Construction Safety, Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety, Vehicle Safety and Hazard Communication programs and update applicable FAA documentation
- Assist in the review of existing Construction Safety, Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety, Vehicle Safety and Hazard Communication guidance and orders and provide recommended revisions
- Assist in the review of existing Construction Safety, Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety, Vehicle Safety and Hazard Communication guidance and orders and provide recommended revisions program related briefings
- Perform regulatory research, facility inspections, ensuring compliance of Construction Safety, Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety, Vehicle Safety and Hazard Communication established Programs throughout the FAA
- Prepare technical analysis reports, conduct assessments to determine risks, assess potential hazards and controls, and general assistance with programmatic planning and implementation.
- Prepare technical analysis reports, trip reports and status report of tasks and sub tasks
- Perform review and/or update of hazard communication information as presented on a variety of FAA media. Prepare subject matter communications related to training and other regulatory updates. Distribute Quarterly training compliance notifications.
- Consolidate and interpret seat-belt survey twice per year; Review driving-related mishap data, accident investigation reports to identify trends
- Assist in preparation for meetings and teleconferences and management initiatives including planning, scheduling, prioritization, finance, presentations, documents, and training
- Assist in the quarterly program management review process by performing required updates to the existing program management plans.
Typical education / experience:
- Normally requires a relevant Bachelor’s Degree with 9 years of relevant exempt experience. Master’s Degree with 7 years of relevant exempt experience or PhD with 4 years of relevant exempt experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Must be a SME on Environmental Occupational Safety and Health
- Must be a Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Demonstrated experience in HAZCOM, Vehicle Safety, Construction Safety and Welding, Cutting, Brazing Safety.
Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior experience supporting the FAA or other Federal Agency is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.