The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Mid-level Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Services Group (AJW-23).
Improve a wide range of program elements intended to protect employees and others in the workplace and ensure FAA compliance with Federal, State, and FAA laws and regulations.
Assist the FAA in executing the Workplace Inspection Program (WIP) & Hazard Abatement Program (HAP) Program.
The position will be located in in the Washington DC commuting area.
Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) technical expertise support to address EOSH workplace inspection & hazard abatement compliance.
- Provide programmatic and technical Workplace Inspection Tool (WIT) support.
- Generate workplace inspection and hazard abatement data tracking reports monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Update Knowledge Sharing Networks (KSN) related to Workplace Inspection & Hazard Abatement.
- Provide SME support to conduct Headquarters workplace inspections in the Washington DC metro area. Generate an Annual Headquarter’s Workplace Inspection Report.
- Provide SME support to review and update program plans/Program Management Plans.
- Support meetings and prepare meeting minutes or notes, and action items.
- Provide SME support to prepare program-related briefings. Generate formal and informal power-point presentations, handouts, communication plans, etc.
- Assist with the development of new and/or updated FAA Hazard Abatement Program requirements, procedures, and/or implementation guidance. Update documents as necessary.
- Perform SME review of applicable draft, regulations, standards, guidance and FAA Orders, and update applicable FAA documentation accordingly. Generate the Annual Regulatory Review Report.
- Assist with the development and coordination of FAA WIT training and materials.
Typical education / experience:
- Normally requires a Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of relevant exempt experience or Master’s Degree with 3 years of relevant exempt experience.
- Additional related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Prior experience with OSH workplace inspection.
- Prior experience with the development of abatement plans.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior experience supporting the FAA or other Federal Agency is highly desired.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.