The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Configuration Management Analyst to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located at Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. The Configuration Management Analyst will perform both change management and configuration management functions in support launch communications systems. The Configuration Management Analyst will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of launch communications systems in support of launch projects.
- Identifies configuration items, implements change control, and conducts configuration audits.
- Works on teams to create and maintain launch communications systems configuration management documentation.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of a launch project.
- Applies CM discipline to launch communications systems from initial capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Creates and manages configuration and engineering documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness such as facility maps, site floor plans, rack elevations, patch panel, equipment shelf layouts, and system overviews.
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into a launch system and launch related IT hardware assets.
- Ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards.
- Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Ensures CM functions are adhered to: version control of configuration items such as documents, as well as the configuration management of hardware and software configuration management items.
- Recommends change management and configuration management solutions that effectively meet customer needs.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Possess a solid understanding of change management and configuration management process
- Must be able to work in a team environment in close proximity to customer
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel,Word, Project)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.