The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Launch Project Manager/Launch Communications Coordinator located at Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Ratchet Launch mission. As the Launch Project Manager/Launch Communications Coordinator you will support complex planning, scheduling, and execution of Ratchet Launch projects.
- Support the customer’s launch planning process by providing requirements definition and project planning support.
- Collaborate with launch customers to define launch communications requirements, engineer solutions, and develop supporting documentation.
- Develop project plans, schedules and timelines.
- Lead project through customer milestones and reviews.
- Perform technical writing on project documentation.
- Track project tasks and action items.
- Develop and present briefings as required.
- Produce project status reports.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all engineering and maintenance documentation required to support a launch project.
- Collaborate with technicians to ensure IT requirements are met.
- Assist technicians to ensure readiness of systems to support launch activities.
- Collaborate with configuration management team to ensure accuracy and completeness of CM documentation such as facility maps, site floor plans, rack elevations, patch panel, equipment shelf layouts, system overviews, circuit drawings.
- Attend working groups (WGs), Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and participate in Integrated Product Team (IPTs).
- Assess staffing requirements and IT deployment delivery times to identify lead times.
- Support launch communications testing and rehearsal activities.
- Coordinate development of project deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Directs all activities in support of defined launch communications checks with all participating stakeholders.
- Documents, tracks and provides launch project lessons learned.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Expert-Level knowledge of Federal government standards and guidelines
- Full Microsoft Office Suite; focus on Excel and MS Project
- Experience working with Sub-contractors
- Strong Analytical skills
- Launch or Mission Operations experience
- SharePoint, NETS, ServiceNow
- Launch or Mission Operations experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.