The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking an Operations Center Watch Team member to support our DoD customer in Ft Belvoir, VA.
The Operations Center Support Watch Team tracks deployed personnel using a geographical information system; tracks development and analysis of situational awareness products for leadership review using a web-enabled database; supports workflow and completion of Requests for Information (RFIs); performs emergency operational duties maintaining systems to provide for the receipt, analysis and dissemination of information and data; and utilizes digital and phone support for crisis events, maintaining shift log for all activities of the operation center.
- Monitors, tracks, reports, summarizes, and analyzes operational CWMD-related data in real-time and displays and archives findings to support leadership taskings and RFI responses. Monitors CWMD planning activities and provides timely RFI responses as required to support those efforts based on real-time information.
- Experience in military policies and procedures concerning military operations centers, network administration, and crisis response. Military operations centers involve phone support during crisis events, maintaining a shift log for all activities of the operations center, tracking deployed personnel through a geographical information system, and conflict resolution as it arises.
- Coordinates geographic information system and database management with shift members to ensure timely and accurate products.
- Facilitates training to ensure all personnel are proficient in all aspects of the operations processes. Works directly with customers and team members to determine project scope and specifications. Provides research and analysis to support Operations Center. May support development and analysis of situational awareness products.
- May support policy and procedure development for agency, interagency, or community-wide support. Frequently interacts with outside customers and functional peer groups.
- Requires active TS/SCI clearance.
- The position requires the candidate to work 12 hour shift (6 AM – 6 PM or 6 PM - 6 AM), the candidate will be on a rotating schedule, which includes weekends and holidays..
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years of demonstrated experience on a Watch Team
- 5 years of experience supporting a command or national intelligence office or agency.
- Prior experience with CWMD-related or IED-related information preferred.
- Must possess current TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Individual must have a general understanding of crisis response, consequence management, and CBRNE (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Events) and how it applies to the military operation center.
- Must understand information systems, networks, security best practices.
- Have knowledge of a geographic information system based on an ESRI’s geospatial application suite.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills to engender rapport with military personnel, federal civilians, other contractors and foreign governments at all levels of DoD and the Intelligence Community.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.