Leidos ihas a potential opening for an In Vitro Laboratory Manager to support the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) Experimental Therapeutics Branch, Department of Drug Discovery. This position will develop, optimize, validate, and perform all aspects of high-throughput in vitro assays for various therapeutic areas (to include but not limited to malaria, leishmania, and drug-resistant bacteria), and analyze and summarize experimental data for reports, publications, posters, and presentations. The Lab Manager will compile the data into a suitable format for upload into the LIM, prepare supply orders for approval, and ensure that all lab equipment is maintained and serviced as required.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Serve as the laboratory manager for the in vitro laboratories in the Department of Drug Discovery and shall maintain a safe working environment and adhere to applicable safety regulations.
- Participate in project planning (goals timelines, and resource management) and ensure achievement of the project goals in a timely manner and within budget,
- Provide in vitro testing support for drug discovery.
- Maintain a chemical and sample inventory and a lab SDS folder in accordance with safety regulations.
- Develop, optimize, validate, and perform high throughput in vitro assays for various therapeutic areas (to include but not limited to malaria, leishmania, and drug-resistant bacteria).
- Possess and/or acquire requisite training to program and operate a liquid handling robot to support high throughput assays.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of validation packets for the in vitro assays.
- Generate detailed experimental protocols for the in vitro assays as needed.
- Maintain a database to record all results from the in vitro assays and upload the data into LIMS.
- Analyze and summarize experimental data for reports, presentations, posters, and publications.
- Attend and present at relevant national scientific conferences as requested.
- MS Degree in microbiology, biomedical field, or related field from an accredited university along with 8 years of relative experience.
- Work may involve long periods of standing and handling of BSL1 and/or BSL2 level infectious agents, toxic chemicals, and blood-borne pathogens.
- Work will require the ability to operate research equipment requiring manual dexterity. Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Experience managing lab operations for GOGO (Government owned Government operated) Lab.
- Experience working in a military research setting.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.