Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Technical Writer/Editor onsite in Austin, TX. No remote work.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
A Senior Technical Writer/Editor must have experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Document work processes and operating procedures
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronic engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required plus 10 years of experience. 18 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. This is a federal contract requirement.
- Experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools.
- Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.