Leidos, is seeking a qualified, creative, and customer-focused Remedy Discovery Developer support to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), located in Rockville, MD.
The Developer will serve as the primary Remedy Discovery interface to NRC, Leidos management, Remedy Team and other service providers; attend various meetings; provide evaluations and solutions to difficult technical issues associated with Remedy Discovery and related projects and tools, and be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult IT problems.
The successful candidate’s experience will reflect a solid foundation in Remedy Discovery software development practices, and the capability to automate administration tasks via scripting and macros. The Developer should also be familiar with Remedy 9.x, specifically the administration of Remedy Discovery with knowledge and understanding of all Remedy modules including interface with the CMDB.
- Provide Remedy Discovery developer support/activities/tasks to production environment.
- Support development of OpCat, ResCat, and ProdCat categorizations and implementations relating to Discovery.
- Develop statistics and reports from data provided from various tools and sources on and using Discovery product.
- Work on Remedy Discovery assigned projects or tasks.
- Assist with training and mentoring team members on Discovery related technology and use.
- Escalate and work any Discovery major issues in a timely manner.
- Assist other EUCS team or providers with issues or questions regarding Discovery.
- Attend customer and Leidos meetings as requested and scheduled.
- Provide Discovery Tool Continual Service Improvement Initiatives.
- Work with team to create or update Discovery documentations including but not limited to SOPs, How to’s, KBA articles, and other items.
- Assist end users with Discovery issues and questions via phone and/or email.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 – 6 years of enterprise-wide configuration management database (CMDB).
- Experience with CMDB, Discovery, Service Mapping, Change, and other ITSM modules. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have experience supporting Remedy 9.
- Managing CMDB health by using Discovery (or equivalent methods) to support Assets and Configuration, Service dependency mapping and Governance.
- Contract Licensing Specialist for Discovery.
- Broad understanding of various Business Asset / Inventory Management Tools (preferably BMC Discovery).
- Experience and strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes.
- Experience in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and working knowledge of IT operations and architecture.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators, data analyst, and end user needs/request.
- Will support the creation/maintenance of production environment.
- Creation of workflows, templates, SP’s and instructions.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of Discovery support.
- Strong analytical skills for establishing metrics, identifying and resolving systemic failures, and determining weaknesses in documentation and requirements.
- Qualified candidates should be knowledgeable of the NRC organization, NRC operations, Remedy Discovery, and MS Office Suite.
- Candidates must be comfortable with communicating with customer personnel and providing status to Leidos and NRC representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
- Support all existing Discovery integrations to the ITSM tool (BMC Remedy ITSM).
- Develop and test new integrations for Discovery (BMC Discovery 22.214.171.124).
- Assist in creation maintenance of CMDB reporting.
- Configure ITSM tool in support of the Discovery process and Configuration Management DB.
- Maintain all scheduled jobs for Discovery.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams to develop and maintain discovery integrity.
- Support all discovery customizations within ITSM tool.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and communicate technical issues/solutions.
- Properly respond to and resolve system problems as they occur and follow established procedures for problem escalation and follow-up.
- Provides status updates and comments to process owners, service owner(s), management and/or team participants.
- Experience with other BMC Remedy reporting tools.
- Working knowledge/experience in Smart Reporting, Digital Workplace, Service Level Management, Service Request Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Task Management, Work Orders, Problem Management, CMDB and Asset Management applications/modules and other BMC products/reporting tools.
- ITIL Foundations Level (or higher) Certification.
This position requires having/able to get a current NRC Public Trust security clearance. The position is based at the NRC HQ in Rockville, MD and can be full time telework.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.