Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Junior McAfee HBSS Administrator on the DISA GSM-O program in Alexandria, VA.
This position provides support to the HBSS Lead in operating and maintaining McAfee software and clients for organizations supported by the JSP. Activities that this position performs include deploying, configuring, monitoring, tuning, upgrading, and troubleshooting HBSS components spanning a large and complex environment.
- Provide HBSS support to various organizations across the National Capital Region
- Complete the following key functions for HBSS deployments across JSP’s area of responsibility
- Install updates to McAfee software as released and in compliance with STIG requirements
- Deploy, maintain, and tune McAfee clients to meet current and future standards
- Create, deploy, and manage custom HBSS signatures
- Monitor HBSS for intrusions, failures and other issues
- Monitor HBSS software to ensure that the clients/servers are operational and reporting properly
- Ensure that clients do not block legitimate traffic
- Ensure the environment is updated according to DoD standards and guidelines
- Follow approved DoD, STIG standards and DoD IAVA requirements
- Ensure that all systems are operating with valid licenses for all installed software
- Maintain and troubleshoot the management systems
- Monitor and audit configurations to ensure that unintended changes do not occur
- Monitor the health and performance of the security technology systems
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior IT experience and experience working with McAfee HBSS ePO and clients within the DoD environment. Additional work experience or Cyber courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570 IAT III and CSSP Infrastructure Support certifications
- Windows Server 2012 or 2016 experience and certification
- Experience with multiple network security zones, subnetting, VRFs, and VLANs
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must hold a Secret clearance with TS/SCI eligibility preferred
- Cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.