Leidos’s Health and Safety Solutions Operationp is seeking a Sr Full stack Java Developer to support a software development project at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The position is located in Rockville / Bethesda, Maryland.
Under general supervision, develops software solutions based upon client requirements. Generally reports to a Technical Lead/Project Manager and makes use of commercially-available or custom Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools, and as required, may also utilize COTS products and techniques. The candidate must:
- be proactive;
- have strong design skills;
- be a problem-solver;
- thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- be productive;
- exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills; and
- be a team player
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain key components of software applications using JEE, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Bootstrap, SOAP/RESTful, XML, SQL, Git and JIRA in an Agile software development environment.
- Support the development of a technical roadmap.
- Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback.
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with customers, analysts, architects, DBAs, operations, and testers using Agile Scrum.
- Provide status and other day-to-day communications to the Technical Lead, Scrum Master, and Project Manager
- Provide help desk triage/ production support
- Develops technical documentation detailing the project design parameters.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including supporting other Leidos NHLBI Program task orders.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other science or technology field. More than six years of professional experience. With a Master's Degree, four years of professional experience is required.
- Java 8 or higher
- Spring Framework
- Web Services Development (REST, XML)
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Software development and release management in a Linux environment
- SQL and Database Design Fundamentals
- Object oriented design and development
- Design patterns
- Source Control Tools, e.g. Git
- Unit testing – Junit, Jasmine or Karma
- React, Bootstrap and Foundation Libraries
- Test Driven Development
- JIRA experience
- Tomcat or Apache
- SQL Server
Requires Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.