Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Our Leidos Innovation Center at Beavercreek OH (Dayton) is seeking you, our latest Sensor Systems R&D (Research and Development) Engineer to join our growing team performing applied research and development of electro-optical and/or radio frequency (RF) sensors and/or electronic warfare systems for the US Air Force. You will develop and integrate modeling and simulation (M&S) systems to analyze various sensor system concepts for future combat aircraft. Sounds fun right!!
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
• Develope and maintain physics-based digital models of sensor systems
• Integrate sensor models into simulation systems and performing sensor phenomenology tests
• Support the installation of simulations in various installations, including remote locations
• Integrate software models with hardware devices for hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulations
• Interface with members of a high performance technical team including software engineers, computer scientists, and EO and RF engineers
• Adapt and convert engineering level models written and developed in MATLAB, SIMULINK, Python, C++, and other high level languages for implementation in engagement and mission level models sensor and electronic warfare models (1-v-1, few-v-few, and many-v-many)
• Learn and understand the underlying physics of various sensor types as necessary
To be successful in this role you will need these skills:
• BS in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science and 8+ years of experience
• Experience with sensor systems or modeling of sensor systems (Radar, RF, and/or IR sensor systems)
• Experience with MATLAB and/or Python
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• MS in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science
• Experience with aerospace simulations
• Experience with Simulink
• Experience with RF and/or Optical Sensor Systems
• Experience integrating avionics in a hardware-in-the-loop environment
• Experience in signal processing, control theory, guidance and navigation, image processing, sensor or scenario modeling using MATLB/Simulink and C++.
• Experience developing and/or using EO/IR and/or RF phenomenology physics and engineering-based sensor modeling scripts and software (e.g. MODTRAN, Xpatch, COMSOL, etc.)
• Experience programming in C or C++
• Experience with Linux
• Experience developing and/or using Intelligence Centers or DoD engagement or mission level modeling, simulation, and analysis software (e.g. AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, Amber, ESAMS, MOSAIC, etc.)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.